Thursday, June 01, 2006

NO, I'm not on vacation


Yup, it's red alright

Well, the productivity levels around this joint have pretty much dropped to nothing. I think the only thing I’ve managed to knit completely is a ruffle for a Christmas sock and a couple of do-dad corkscrew thingies for another. They still haven’t been felted.

Never fear, this does not mean that there is a whole lot of spare time going to be happening around here. Recently I decided, as in last weekend recent, that if I had to spend another minute looking at the ratty old dirty ugly horrid hand-me-down sofa in my living room, some one is going to get hurt. My place is pretty much decorated in Early Student Loan …still … in spite of the fact that schooling was long, long ago. In fact, it was so long ago that the student loans for both of us are actually paid off and have been for a decade and we’re now eyeballing tuition costs for Ditto. But I digress…

In any event, after this many years, the OddBall IT and Technical Support Division knows well enough to not argue with me when I’ve got a full-head of steam under me and my knickers in a twist. The sofa was going. That was IT and the least painful route for him is to just nod, smile sagely,drive me to the furniture store and make plans to move whatever is going to need to be hauled, moved, juggled or rearranged. Like everything else, one thing leads to another to another to another and what started out as something simple, becomes an official PROJECT.

The purchase of the sofa (mid brown leather) begat the need for new paint on the walls, which meant coming up with a ’colour scheme’. For the record, it is chilli pepper red, light sand and paper grey. Two walls are going the OH MY GOD THAT IS RED red. Did I mention it was red? Very red. Tres rouge, even. And like all dark paints, it’s a son of a gun to apply. I’ve just rolled on coat # 3, after two coats of ¼ tint primer and we’ll be looking at another coat before I’m done. That’s what I’ve been doing when I’m not solving the world’s problems over a cup of coffee with Liz after going to the paint shop to buy yet another gallon of OMG That's RED red.

In the mean while, Miss Flirty Ruffles the Shawl is getting picked away at. I just finished row 85 which reminds me I need to write a column for the Amazing Lace Knit Along. What possessed me to sign up, etc? Personally, I’m going with the “gamma rays from the Planet Xeon make me knit big things on little itty bitty things needles” theory but I might be wrong on that. I’ve been wrong before you know (Feb 16, 1973 to be exact).

It gives me something to do with my hands while I’m plotting felted throw cushions. I have them on the brain in a serious way these days. In fact, I think I’ll go knit up some yardage right this minute and get a jump on that.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

I love the red.... it excites me.... that's why I have a red couch... Oh baby, oh baby!

 
At 6:35 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Red walls? Leather couch? What a little den of iniquity! (I approve!)

Those aliens from Xeon are persistent little buggers, aren't they? The things they make us do!

 
At 8:13 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

So what were you wrong about all those many years ago? Did you think that you were wrong about something, but you were actually right?

Love the red!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home